Unicorn Books has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringements:
"Unicorn Books will block access to and/or remove any material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and submitted to our site."
This policy shall cover all aspects of Unicorn Books, including but not limited to user book reviews and author chats.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
Submit a formal Notice of Copyright Infringement containing the following information:
- Identification of what is being infringed.
- Where the infringements are located.
- Who is complaining.
- How he or she may be contacted.
- A statement of good faith belief that the material is infringing.
- A statement made under threat of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the complaint is authorized by the copyright holder.
Send the Notice of Copyright Infringement via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once this information is received, the following action will be taken:
- The infringing material or site will be blocked.
- The infringing user will then be immediately notified of the situation.
- In the case of first-time offenders, the infringing material will be removed.
- To the extent possible, repeat offenders will be removed permanently from the system.
The user may supply a counternotice which must include the following:
- A statement that the user has a good faith belief that the removal was a result of a misidentification on our part.
- A complete listing of the user's contact information.
- A consent to jurisdiction in Court.
The user's material and access will be restored in 10 to 14 days unless the Unicorn Books is informed that a lawsuit has been filed over the infringing material.