Apart from being absolutely invaluable for those seeking admission into the prized portals of Foreign Universities, this book will also be of immense benefit to students of various Management Courses. The book is also a useful guide to those appearing for various Competitive Exams for entry into professional colleges and other institutes of repute within the country. It will also help hone their analytical qualities and enhance their writing skills. In fact,one of the most important criteria for being successful in securing admission to top ranking and reputed Universities abroad, especially in the United States, is the high level of scores obtained in international tests such as GMAT , GRE , TOEFL , etc. These tests include the all-important component of analytical writing tasks on given issues. These apart, prospective students are also required to pen excellent essays on specific topics chosen by the Universities concerned. It is through a critical appraisal of these essays that the selection committee of the concerned College or University is able to effectively gauge the applicants and gain valuable insight into their academic standing and intellectual prowess. Therefore, the vital importance of clear and critical thinking, analytical abilities, and good essay writing cannot be over-emphasized. This book attempts to thoroughly familiarise the student with the art and skills involved in writing effective essays by exposing him to a wide variety of Model Essays on diverse topics. Also Model Responses to a wide spectrum of Analytical Issues with special reference to the requirements of the International Tests mentioned above are offered.
The book has been broadly divided into three sections dealing with:
* Analysing the Issue & Presenting Your Perspective
* `Analysis of an Argument Task`
* Model University Essays
Each section begins with an Introduction which outlines the precise writing strategies to be adopted for that particular task, followed by a collection of Model Responses.
Thorough and detailed analysis of questions such as...
* Success in life is due to your hard-work and not luck.Discuss.
* Would you like to live in a big city or a small town ? Support your answer with help of specific reasons/examples.
* `The state should contiue to provide substantial subsidies to people on cooking gas...Discuss how well reasoned you find this argument.
* Do you feel it is rather stange that many great people,honoured long after their deaths,were never recognised during theeir lifetime? What is your reaction?
* Freewill is a myth.Each person is conditioned to act according to the circumstances created by his birth,enviornment,schooling and society in general.Do you agree? Give a reasoned argument.
...and many more.